Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's a Go for the Chemo

Dr. Duven gave me the ok to start chemo on Jan 29.
The drugs I will receive will be
Adriamycin & Cytoxan
I will have these every other week for 8 weeks.
Then I will have Taxol for 12 weeks and after that start the Herceptin which I will have for a year.
My port will be in for the entire year - however, I am told my hair will start growing back after the 20 weeks of the first 3 drugs.
After the chemo I will have radiation - which I haven't received the details on yet.
If my results for the breast cancer gene test come back positive it has been recommended that I have a double mastectomy and hysterectomy and I would not have radiation. I do not expect to have the results of that test for a month or two - so that decision will be down the road.

I got the drainage tube taken out yesterday - what a great feeling!

Keep the positive thoughts coming for little or no side effects from the chemo & for a negative result on the breast cancer gene test!

I will let you know how surgery goes next Tuesday!

~K

1 comment:

  1. My mother had both Cytoxan and Herceptin during her chemo. She had only occasional very mild nausea and did not experience fatigue symptoms. Here's hoping you sail through this too!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete